Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Healing Process

 It's amazing how one day you are completely normal and healthy, and then the next day you are in intense pain and in the ER.

That's what happened to me last week. Tuesday i was normal (except for the lack of appetite) and then Wednesday morning woke up with extreme stomach pain. I tried so hard to make it through the day, even though, my stomach was hurting so bad, i had a fever, diarrhea, was feeling like throwing up and i had no appetite at all, I didn't eat anything all day.

My Hubby picked Super Guy up from school and then took me to the ER.

We had to wait for at least an hour before i was seen by a nurse. They took blood and a urine sample. Then they admitted me into a room in the ER and i was put on an IV. Through the IV they administered nausea medicine and pain medicine.

The pain medicine was strong, to say the least. It instantly kicked in and i felt like my head was going to explode and then i couldn't see straight, everything was moving. The best way i can describe it, is to imagine a slot machine, you know how they spin and spin and spin.. That's what it was like, everything was spinning like that. It lasted about 10 minutes.

After the spinning affect, came the floating. I felt like everything in the room around me was being lowered i was rising. The floating lasted a lot longer, about an hour.

During that time i was seen by a doctor and he ordered the CT Scan. I was wheel-chaired to the room where they do their scans, and then i was put through the machine several times and then i was given iodine through my IV and i was put through the machine several more times.

After that i was brought back to the ER room and had to wait for results.


I snapped this photo on my phone while waiting...




















After about an hour i was told i had elevated white blood cell count, inflammation, and fluid in my lower right side abdomen. They wanted me to stay overnight. So i did.

During the night and into the morning, i was running almost a 102 degree fever.

That day i got more answers, it turns out i had an ovarian cyst rupture. The doctor met with me in the morning to tell me this and then he said because of my high fever they would probably want to keep me another night, i asked if there was anyway i could be discharged that day and he said only if we got my fever down and it stayed down for awhile. Then he said he would be back to check on me around 5.

So all day long i waited and my fever had dropped, i was now about 98-99.

 5 o'clock rolled around and the doctor was back, he wanted me to stay another night just because my fever had been so high the previous night and into the morning, but i begged him (since my fever had been down almost all day) for him to let me go home. He agreed and i was sent home. Yay!!

The celebration was short lived, as soon as i stepped inside the house, my fever came back. I spent the weekend pretty much in pain.

It's now been a week since all this started, and I'm starting to heal. I'm not 100% yet, i still have no appetite, and my stomach still hurts, I know this healing process is going to be slow, but i am hoping to return to normal someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment