Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Weight Loss Update

Back in May, I shared with you all my Weight Loss Journey.

So, I thought today I would give a little update on how things are going.



If you remember, I started my weight loss journey weighing in at 160 pounds!

I'm really excited to say that I got all the way down to 138 pounds!!

However...

At the end of May i had a little accident.

I fell down the stairs in my house. I was on the landing (where the yellow arrow is pointed at in the picture below) and i slipped and fell all the way down to the bottom of the stairs.



I banged the back of my head on the steps as i was falling down, along with my arm and my back.


The reason i'm sharing this is because this accident made me unable to workout for over a week.

Once i was feeling better from my accident, i started working out again.

However, i then started getting these horrible pains in my stomach every time i would run on the treadmill. So once again i stopped working out.

All these setbacks really got to me and i started eating horribly bad.

 I gained some weight back, 5 pounds to be exact.

But slowly I've been working out more and trying to eat better.

My current weight is 140 pounds.

I still try to get my steps in each day, my current goal is 15,000 steps each day. However, some days i fall short of that.




As far as my diet, here is an example of what i eat in a day. *This was from a few weeks ago*

For breakfast on this day, i had a smoothie bowl. It was made with: frozen bananas, unsweetened cocoa powder, unsweetened almond milk, and natural peanut butter. *Normally you would top a smoothie bowl with extras (i.e. fruit, seeds, etc.), but i was in a hurry, so i ate mine plain*




I had a mid morning snack of trail mix. *I know, not the greatest snack for losing weight*



For lunch i made myself a salad. It had romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red bell pepper, and was topped with a Greek yogurt ranch dressing. *In all honesty this was a lot of food, i only ate about half of it*



Dinner was breaded pork chops, steamed broccoli and a quinoa/brown rice mixture. *I'm really trying to get used to the taste of quinoa & brown rice, but it's tough*



So, that's where i am at with my weight loss journey so far. I hope next time i give you an update i've reached my goal weight!

 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png

No comments:

Post a Comment