Sunday, October 6, 2013

Grocery Budget Challenge ~ Week 1

I have really been slacking lately on taking control of our food budget. So I thought I would make myself a challenge and put it on here, so you can join in and also so I can really be accountable for my spending!


Goal ~ $100 a week

Week 1 ~ $294.03

These groceries should feed our family of 5; breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks for the next 7 days! That's a total of 21 meals plus snacks.

 Also this week's price included these non-food items : Diapers (which should last about 2-3 weeks), GoodNites (which will last over a month), Garbage Bags, Toilet Paper, Toothpaste, Hand soap, Dish soap, & Paper Plates.

Without all those items my total would be $209.98 for the week! Still not great cause that's over $100 over budget.

On another note, I didn't decide on this challenge until after doing my grocery shopping, so I already knew I was going to be over budget!


What's your grocery budget for the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment