Thursday, November 6, 2014

Saving Money {Tips, Resources, etc.}


Hi Everyone!!

I'm really trying to get our budget under control, especially since we have lots of doctor bills rolling in from our daughter's hospital stay.


So i thought i'd share some ideas with you, in case you are in a time of financial struggle or just trying to save money.

My plan:

1. I downloaded a Budget Binder from 30 Handmade Days.

   This will help me keep track of all our monthly bills and balances. I just started this over the weekend, but i really like it so far. You really need to know your numbers, otherwise you'll continue to struggle.

2. Spend less money at the grocery store. 

   This is where we spend the most money each month. We hardly ever go to the store with a plan. We end up buying too much or not enough and we waste a lot of money this way.

  My plan for this is to start using Coupons again, remember when i was really into couponing?
But couponing alone won't work, so i'm also going to take advantage of sales and track them too. (Did you know products go on sale every 6-8 weeks)

I will also be making menu plans and in the those menu plans, will be less meat dishes. (Cause meat is super expensive, we can save $1,000 a year by eating less meat)

I love Enchanted Homeschooling Mom's meal planning resources, you can check them out here.


3. Make DIY Products 

Which means I'm going to continue making homemade products, such as laundry detergent. And i'm also going to try to make other things for around the house that could save us money. Here are some ideas:

Washable Cloth Unpaper Towels
All Natural Deodorant
Fabric Softener



So those are just a few ideas to get you started, i hope they help you as much as they have helped me.


Have any other ideas/tips/resources? I'd love to hear them!
 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png

No comments:

Post a Comment