Saturday, January 31, 2015

Game Day!!


Tomorrow's the big day, Super Bowl Sunday!!! Yay! I'm so excited! I've pretty much always loved football, and seeing as i was born in Alaska, Seattle is like my team. So i'm super extra excited they have made it to the Super Bowl AGAIN!! Let's go Seahawks!! :)

Anyways, I thought i would share some of the things Our Family is going to do for the big game!!

GAMES: This year, as we are not having anyone over for the game, we thought we would go all out for the kiddos! To make it extra fun for them, we plan on playing games. Here are a few games that we are going to try out.

1. Pin the football for a field goal. - Some tape, a few paper footballs, and a blindfold should make for some fun!! I got the idea from HERE.

football game 1

2. Bingo - Why didn't i think of this before?! My kiddos love bingo and this super bowl one should be extra fun!

football game 2

3. Score-It Game - An activity that sneaks in some learning? Yes, Please! In this game the kids will have to use paper footballs to score touchdowns and field goals, then they will have to add up their scores at the end! I found this awesome game HERE.

football game 3

FOOD: Seriously, you absolutely CAN NOT watch the big game without food!! Here is what we plan on making for the game...

1. Nachos - I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it was brilliant! Who wouldn't love a nacho bar?!

football food 1

2. Football Pizza Pockets - For the people who don't like nachos. I also got this idea on Pinterest and i think they will be extra cute for the game!

football food 2

3. Sugar Cookies - I'm going to make some sugar cookies and decorate them in our team colors! The ones on Bake Me Happy will most definitely put mine to shame, But hopefully they will taste good!

football food 3

DECORATIONS: My kids always love decorations! Here is what I've got planned for the game...

1. Football Lanterns - These looks awesome, but i'm really nervous about making them! (I'm really not that super crafty, AT ALL). I know they are going to be trickier then they look! I'll let you know how they turn out!

football decoration 1


2. Streamers - I found some blue, green and white streamers at the store. So i'm going to hang them up throughout the house! These, Tissue Poms, would also be a cool idea too! I know there are a lot of 'how to make tissue poms' on Pinterest. Just use your teams colors to make it for the big game!

football decoration 2


3. Paper Chains - I used to make these for Christmas time! These would be fun for the kids to make with you. I think i'm going to do them in our teams colors! I like the idea on Catch My Party, to add yard lines and such to them!

football decoration 3


So, that's all we have planned for the game, how do you plan on celebrating?!

 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png

No comments:

Post a Comment