Monday, April 11, 2016

Keeping a toddler entertained while homeschooling

Admittedly this has been really hard for me, and I've let him watch way more Curious George throughout the day (so we can get our school work done) ,then i would care to admit.

However, i recently have found some very good ways to keep the little guy entertained, that don't make me feel like the worlds worst/laziest parent.

I thought i would share them with you all today.

1. Straws - I seriously just gave him a whole box of plastic straws and let him go crazy with them. He loved it.

2. Counting Bears - I bought these on Amazon awhile ago and he really enjoys putting them into a cup (or having me put them in the cup for him) and then dumping them all out. Then we do it all over again. It's a fun little game we play.



3. Geometric Stacker - I got this last year mostly with Jelly Bean in mind, but it turns out Baby Boy just absolutely loves to play with this.


4. Spoons & Bowls - What kid doesn't like to play with these?! I know all of mine did!


5. Board Books - Really my son loves to get into any books, he especially loves to destroy our carefully organized bookshelf. But board books are best for him to play with, as he can't easily rip them.

6. Magnets & cookie sheet - I bought some cookie sheets at the dollar store and they work great for my son to stick magnets to.



7. Curious George - of course there is George as a back up plan!

And if all else fails, there is always nap time...



They always look so cute and innocent sleeping, huh?!

Hopefully some of these ideas might help you, to keep your sanity, while homeschooling your other children.


 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png

No comments:

Post a Comment