Wednesday, July 6, 2016

House Hunting... again.


It’s been a week since I got the letter in the mail, the letter that totally took me by surprise. A letter stating that our lease is up at the end of the month.

A little backstory...

When we first signed our lease for the house we are in now, we drove all the way from Montana to Idaho with little to no sleep. Only to show up at the property management first thing in the morning to sign papers, with all 4 kids waiting in the car for us. So to be completely honest I didn’t really pay much attention to the lease end date. Totally my fault I know. I just assumed it was a year lease, but I guess I was wrong.

Not that if our lease ended in September it would have been that much better (you know, moving with a newborn baby), but at least we would have had more time to look for something.

Anyways back to the letter...

It stated that if we want to renew our lease, our monthly rent payment would be going up by an extra $50 a month. Or if we choose not to renew the lease and just go month to month it would be an extra $100 a month and then they have the option to also give us a 30 day notice to vacate (which wouldn’t look good to future landlords).

My husband and I had already been discussing that whenever our lease was up, we needed to look for something that was less money each month because this house is just too much, especially with a new baby on the way.

So we really didn’t have much of a choice other than to give the property management our 30 day notice to vacate and start looking for a house.

So now we have until July 31st to be out of our current place and as of right now (July 6, 2016) we don’t have any other house lined up.


Right now it’s super scary and stressful, but I am trying to remain positive and have faith in God’s plan. 

Wish us luck!
 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png

No comments:

Post a Comment