Thursday, April 27, 2017

Middle School

What do you consider middle school?

Is it grades 7-8? Or maybe grades 6-8?

Up until a year ago i never thought people had differing opinions on this matter. I always just assumed middle school was grades 7-8, because that's what i grew up with.

That was until a solicitor knocked on my door last August. Now usually i don't answer the door for solicitors, but my children were outside and i had just gotten back from a doctor's appointment so i was pretty much in a baby fog.

Anyways, He started talking to me about my children he saw playing outside. He asked how old my oldest was and when i said he was 11 years old, he replied with "is he starting middle school this year?"

I paused, not really sure how to answer that question. So i just went with my standard answer when anyone asks me about my kids schooling "we homeschool", I said. He went on to say that is great and how he and his wife had talked about homeschooling, but went with a charter school instead.

Why after almost a year am i bringing this up today?

 I guess because with the 2016/2017 school year almost coming to an end it has me thinking of our next school year and how my son Samuel will then be officially a middle schooler in my eyes.

And also today i noticed these books, on Amazon, that are for middle school.



They are on sale today and since my son is already a middle schooler according to some and going to be a middle schooler in a few months according to me, i thought what the heck, and i purchased them.

I'm actually kinda nervous about this whole middle school thing. Middle school seems so much more serious then elementary school. What if i'm not teaching him everything i should be? Hopefully having these books will put my mind more at ease.



 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png

No comments:

Post a Comment