Saturday, May 6, 2017

My Weight Loss Journey


I've never really been happy with my weight, but when my husband took a picture of me over our spring break it really hit me of how unhappy i am with my body.

And thus started my weight loss journey.

Here are some pictures from along the way...



March 30th i was weighing in at 160 pounds. That is my heaviest non-pregnant weight ever.

As of today, May 6th, I'm weighing in at 144 pounds.

That is 16 pounds gone!



So how did i do it?

Honestly, diet and exercise. (I know i wish there was a magic pill too!)

First i'll talk about my diet.

I stuck with an under 1200 calorie diet.

I cut out the following things from my diet:

  • Chocolate
  • Candy
  • Ice Cream (I miss you the most!)
  • Soda
  • White Bread
  • Pasta
  • White Rice
  • Cookies
  • Cake
I drank a lot of water (especially lemon water).

I also didn't eat anything after 8 PM.

Now for the exercise part.

I worked out 6 times a week for at least 30 minutes each time.

For my workout i would run on the treadmill. My best run so far has been 2 miles in 23 minutes 29 seconds.

I also did some of those challenges (like the 30 day ab challenge, etc.). Though i stopped after like day 23 because i was just so worn out. I'm going to try another one soon!

I got a Fitbit for Christmas and i will say that it has really helped with my weight loss journey a lot. Most days i can get anywhere between 15,000 - 20,000 steps. Personally i like to get at least 20,000 steps everyday, but i'm satisfied with anything over 15,000.

I'm really happy with my progress so far, although this is not the end of my journey, as i still have 9 more pounds to go until i'm at my goal weight.

I'll keep you all posted along the way!

 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png

No comments:

Post a Comment