Thursday, January 4, 2018

January 2018 Grocery Budget Challenge



Hi Guys!

I've decided to challenge myself this month with my grocery budget, and I thought maybe some of you might like to challenge yourselves as well.

jan budget challenge 2018



Here is my challenge for the month of January:
  • Only spend $150 a week on food related grocery items for our family of 7.
  • Only spend $200 a month on all non-food related grocery items (i.e. diapers, paper towels, shampoo, laundry soap, etc.).
Some of you might wonder why? Why challenge myself? Well, there are a few reasons i have taken on this challenge...
  1. To take more control over my budget.
  2. To stop wasting food.
  3. To see if it is even possible to do.
I've already done my first week of grocery shopping and to be honest i went over budget a little bit (i'm going to blame that on the holidays though and try to do better next week).

For my first week i spent $196.75 on food items and $23.11 on non-food items. So, like i said i went a little over budget on food items ($46.75 to be exact), but that included some items that needed to be restocked and that i won't have to buy again for awhile.

Let me know, in the comments, if you want me to update every week with how much i spent that week. At the moment i'm not planning on sharing every week, but if that is something you guys would like to see i can definitely do that.

Either way I will give a final update, sometime at the beginning of February, to let you all know how i did with my budget challenge.

Also, let me know if you are going to join along with my challenge or if you have some sort of grocery challenge going on for yourself, i'd love to hear about it.

 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png

No comments:

Post a Comment