Monday, January 8, 2018

One Change I Made To Make My Days Go Smoother



Let's be honest, i don't think anyone likes to be woken up by a crying baby or by a 3 year old poking your face saying "get up Mommy", but for me it was more than just a dislike for those things. For me it would completely make my day go wrong. So i finally changed it.


one change 2018

Before we get to the how i changed it.. Let's talk about the why/how it would make my day go wrong...

I don't know about you, but i am not a morning person. When i get out of bed in the morning i am not fully awake until at least 20 minutes after drinking my first cup of coffee.

So, to be woken up by children needing me right away to change their diapers or fix them breakfast, when i'm not even fully awake yet puts me in the grumpiest mood and for me it's not a mood that can be easily undone. Once i'm grumpy, i stay grumpy for awhile.

That's how i knew something needed to change. It wasn't fair to the children to have a grumpy mommy all the time.

Last November, i finally made the decision to wake up before the kids. I set my alarm for 5:30 am and when it went off, i forced myself to get out of bed.

I went downstairs, drank my cup of coffee, scrolled through social media/Pinterest, and when the kids woke up i was able to give them a warm happy greeting.

It was the end of Grumpy Mommy.

It's now been 2 months since i started waking up at 5:30 am (before the children) and i must say my days have just gone so much better. I'm happier, the kids are happier, and i find myself being more productive throughout the day.

Of course everyone has their bad days, but for me they are few and far between. Unlike previously, where every day started out as a bad day.

 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png

No comments:

Post a Comment