Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Passion


The other day i was filling out forms for my blog, and one of the questions on the form was "What is your passion?".


passion

With passion being defined as "strong and barely controllable emotion.", this was a hard question of me.

I had to stop and put the form away. I couldn't answer that question.

I have no passion.

Nothing.

That got me thinking.

Is that normal to be passionless?

I have things i enjoy, but nothing i am truly passionate about.

This worries me.

This makes me feel like i will live a life that is dull/boring or unfilled. Life is short, it is meant to be enjoyed and lived to the fullest. But if i have no passion/nothing that drives me, what kind of life is that?

How does one even go about finding their passion? Do they seek it out, or does it naturally come to them?

When i am feeling this way about something, of course i head to Google for some answers. I typed in "how to find your passion" and was thrown into a virtual world of pretty pictures, flow charts and questionnaires.

My hope was high as i clicked on "ten questions to help you find your passion", but that hope filled bubble burst when i was stuck on the very first question.

Will i ever be able to find my passion, if i can't even answer the first question?

I closed my laptop and went off to bed with that gloomy thought lingering in my mind.

So, if you can't answer a questionnaire to find your passion, do you then experiment with a bunch of different hobbies/jobs/volunteer work until you find it? Or, like i previously said, do you wait for your passion to come to you naturally?

I'm still not sure. I'd have to check Google, but i don't want to get sucked down that wormhole again.

All of this brings up another thought...

Do purpose and passion go together? Can you live a life without passion, but with purpose? Or vice versa?

Clearly i don't have any of the answers to these questions, but hopefully today's blog post has given you some food for thought.

Oh and in case you are also searching for your passion (and are better at answering questionnaires than i am), here's Oprah's 10 questions to finding your passion. Good luck!

 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png

*Stock photo provided  by Unsplash*

No comments:

Post a Comment