Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Spring Clean Series {Day 2 - Closets}


Hey Guys!


I'm back for day 2 of my spring clean series, and today i'm tackling closets!


spring clean series

I have so many closets in my house, that trying to cover them all in this blog post would be difficult and probably extremely boring for you.

So, in an effort to keep this short and sweet, i'm going to share just a few of them and my method for organizing them (just like yesterday's pantry post).


I'll start with my kid's bathroom closet...


IMG_3885

It's really not in that bad of shape, i try to go in there every few weeks and tidy it back up. Today is a laundry day (what day isn't a laundry day in our household of 7), so their towels are being washed. I grabbed a few that we cleaned and folded them to show where they would go in their closet.

Also, that cleaning kit you see in the before picture doesn't belong in the kid's bathroom closet. One of the kiddos left it there the other day when they did their cleaning chore.


IMG_3894

This is how i organize their bathroom closet, from top to bottom...
  • Top shelf is for extra shower curtains. (not pictured)
  • Beach towels are on the next shelf. (not pictured)
  • Regular everyday towels and hand towels are on the next shelf together.
  • My daughter's stuff is on the next shelf... her jewelry box, hair stuff, etc.
  • Extra mouthwash, soap and things like that are on the next shelf together.
  • Finally i keep a box ,with extra toothbrushes and toothpaste in it, on the bottom.
Now i'm sharing my 3 year old and 6 year old's bedroom closet.


IMG_3902


It's not that bad either. I try to go through it at least once a month, so it doesn't get out of control.


IMG_3906


Here is how i organize their bedroom closet...
  • I use the top shelf for extra blankets
  • I keep my daughters clothes on one side, and i keep them organized by what she wears most often up front and clothes she doesn't wear that often in the back.
  • Empty hangers are in the middle for use for either kid.
  • Then my son's clothes are on the other side, and i also keep the clothes he wears most often in front and those not worn that often, or don't quite fit him yet in back.

Well, now i have 2 clean closets, and only like 10 more to go....Wish me luck! And be sure to check back again tomorrow for day 3 of my spring clean series!

 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png
*Stock photo provided by Unsplash*

No comments:

Post a Comment