Wednesday, May 8, 2019

My Homeschool Co-op Experience

When we first started homeschooling, i had thought about joining a co-op, but at the time it didn't make sense as we were pretty unstable (moving state to state, pregnancies, etc.). Come January 2019, 6 years into homeschooling, we finally joined a co-op for the first time.


homeschool co-op


Towards the middle of January, i had heard about a new co-op starting the first week of February. I had been praying so hard in the months leading up to that, that something might come along for our children, as i was just feeling like they were needing something more. Some other people to connect with, who live similar lives.


I went to the information meeting the week before the first classes were to start. I was honestly pretty nervous (being that i'm a really shy introvert) and was continually trying to talk myself out of going to that meeting all day long. But i'm glad i forced myself to go and even more pleased that we joined this co-op.


Most of my kids were on board for joining a co-op, a few were hesitant, but after our first day all of my kids loved it and couldn't wait for the next week.


Now, because we have never been a part of a co-op before, i have nothing to compare it to. I do know, that since this was this co-op's first year, things were pretty much trail and error. And i believe next semester will run even more smoothly.


If you have been wanting to give a co-op a try, but have been on the fence about it, I say go for it, the worst that could happen is you absolutely hate it, and if that happens you can always drop out. You won't know until you try, right?
 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png

*Stock photo provided by Unsplash.*

No comments:

Post a Comment