Sunday, August 16, 2015

2015-2016 Homeschool Curriculum Picks & Interviews


Hi Everyone!!

It's been nice taking a break from blogging for awhile, i was really starting to feel overwhelmed by keeping up with everything. Now i'm ready to get back at it, and seeing since we started back up with schooling 2 weeks ago, what better what to start back up then with sharing that with you all, as i do every year.

Here are our 2015-2016 Homeschool Curriculum Picks:

IMG_8613


Jelly Bean (Pre-K):

Letter of the week from Confessions of a Homeschooler AND God's Little Explorers from Motherhood on a dime, she will also get involved with any of our other activities we have going on.

Boogie Man (2nd Grade):

Math- Math-U-See ,Beta level
English - BJU, English 2
Spelling - Spelling You See, Jack and Jill level
Handwriting - Handwriting Without Tears, grade 2
Vocab - Wordly Wise 3000, book 2
Art - Draw Write Now, book 1 and Home Art Studio DVD, grade 1 and 2
Spanish - Rosetta StoneWhistlefritz DVDs, and other.

Super Guy (5th Grade):

Math- Math-U-See, Epsilon level
English - BJU, English 5
Spelling- Spelling You See, Americana level
Handwriting- Handwriting Without Tears, grade 5 both Print and Cursive
Vocab- Wordly Wise 3000, book 5
History - Abeka Book grade 5 and The Story of the World vol. 1
Art- Draw Write Now, book 1 and Home Art Studio DVD, grade 4 and 5
Spanish - Rosetta StoneWhistlefritz DVDs, and other.

And here are our beginning of the school year interviews:

Super Guy

IMG_8622

My name is Super Guy
I am 10 years old.
The yummiest food to eat is Mommy's Homemade Mac-n-cheese
My favorite show to watch is Science Shows
The best thing about school is learning lots
The worst thing about school is Chapter Checkups
The coolest person on Earth is Mommy
I am really super good at Reading
My favorite color is Lavender 
The best place in the world to be is in our homeschool room
When I grow up I want to go to the Moon
I really really do not like to eat tomatoes
My best friend is Boogie Man and Jelly Bean
When I was little I used to sleep in daddy's arms on the couch
3 words that tell about me funny, smart, cool
This year I hope to learn hieroglyphics

Boogie Man

IMG_8620

My name is Boogie Man
I am 7 years old.
The yummiest food to eat is Rice
My favorite show to watch is kid shows
The best thing about school is Everything
The worst thing about school is Nothing
The coolest person on Earth is Mommy
I am really super good at drawing and building
My favorite color is Red
The best place in the world to be is with Mommy
When I grow up I want to build houses
I really really do not like to eat raisins
My best friend is Jelly Bean
When I was little I used to cry a lot
3 words that tell about me handsome, smart, funny
This year I hope to learn Spanish


Jelly Bean

IMG_8617


My name is Jelly Bean
I am 4 years old.
The yummiest food to eat is Rice
My favorite show to watch is Sheriff Callie's Wild West
The best thing about school is finishing
The worst thing about school is getting a time out
The coolest person on Earth is Mommy
I am really super good at building
My favorite color is Pink
The best place in the world to be is Mars
When I grow up I want to paint
I really really do not like to eat vegetables
My best friend is Samantha
When I was little I used to crawl
3 words that tell about me silly, happy, cute
This year I hope to learn Spanish


Our first 2 weeks have gotten off to a great start, hopefully this is a sign that this year is going to be awesome! :)
 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png

No comments:

Post a Comment