Thursday, February 19, 2015

Happy Chinese New Year 2015

Gung Hay Fat Choy! (Happy New Year!)

Yesterday i talked blogged about how i was going to surprise my kids, with the house being all decorated for Chinese New Year. Well i'm happy to tell you it was a success!!

IMG_6377

Here's what i bought for our celebration...

Pictured:

Money Bags - I put Chocolate Coins in them, but you could put real money in them.

Fans - The kids loved playing with these.

Lanterns - These are so cool, plus they light up!!


Buttermints - They had writing on the wrappers like "Good Luck" or "Wealth".


Not Pictured:

Color Your Own Chinese Calendars - My 6 year old seemed to enjoy this activity more than my other kids.

Chinese New Year Good Luck Garland - This looked cooler online than in real life.

Some activities we did today...

Here my 9 year old is coloring his Chinese Zodiac Animal, the Rooster!

IMG_6388

And here my daughter is working on coloring her Chinese Zodiac Animal, the Rabbit!

IMG_6390


This is what my 6 year old would buy if he received a red envelope filled with money. It's a factory! :)

IMG_6428


All of those worksheets are included in my Chinese New Year Pack, which can be purchased in my TpT Store!

Next we all made Sheep, from this really awesome pack i bought on Oriental Trading, but i can't seem to find it on their website anymore... Bummer :-(

Anyways, The kids LOVED this so much, they started making up little puppet shows with the Sheep. It was so cute!

IMG_6422

How did you celebrate Chinese New Year?
 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png

No comments:

Post a Comment