Saturday, February 28, 2015

Let's Talk... Math Curriculum


Today is Day 3 of my Let's Talk Curriculum posts, and today i'm talking about Math Curriculum...

Math Curriculum

I'm one of those weird homeschooling Mom's that actually enjoy teaching math. Of course, that attitude might change once my kids start taking algebra and calculus.

One of the things i enjoy about math is that there will always be only 1 right answer, 2+2 will always equal 4, unless you are doing common core*Just kidding, sort of*. 

Anyways, I do think one of the reasons i enjoy teaching math so much is because Math-U-See has made it sooooo EASY! We have been using Math-U-See since we started homeschooling and I've never even thought for one second about switching to another curriculum. I love their curriculum and the kids love it too!

Each lesson comes with a video to watch, in which Mr. Demme teaches you how to do that lesson. Another thing i love about Math-U-See, is in their teachers manual answer key they show you how you are supposed to come up with the answer. In case your child got that problem wrong you can then go back and see where they made the mistake. I like that they have that, versus just showing you the answer.

Now it's your turn, what's your favorite math curriculum?



 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png

No comments:

Post a Comment