Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Seasonal Allergies

Hi Everyone!! Today i thought i would talk about seasonal allergies.

I've been a long time sufferer of seasonal allergies.

Pollen and fresh cut grass are my 2 major allergens.

Here is what i do to help with my allergies.

1. Avoid fresh cut grass like it's the Plague - Seriously, if i don't do this; my eyes water & itch, also any part of my body that touched the grass clippings itches, my nose runs and i go on a crazy non-stop sneezing spree.

2. Everyone must take their shoes off before walking through the house - Allergens can stick to shoes and therefore can get into the carpet.

3. On high pollen days don't open windows - You can check your local pollen count HERE

4. Take allergy medicine every single day during allergy season - Over the years I've tried out lots of different medicines, the best one (for ME) that I've found is Alavert. I love this stuff, it works great & no side effects (unlike Bendaryl which just makes you drowsy). You can read more about Alavert HERE **

5. Wash clothes & take showers - Just like with shoes & the carpet one, allergens can stick to your clothes and body. So after a day out having fun in the sun, come home and put your clothes straight into the washer and go take a shower.


Those are just a few of my tips for dealing with allergies, how do you deal with them?

**I'm not a doctor so please don't take this and/or any medicine without consulting a physician first.**

~Veronica~

No comments:

Post a Comment