Friday, March 14, 2014

Stress

Hi Everyone!! Today i want to talk about stress. We all have stress in our life, whether it's; work, family, money, etc. We all have to deal with it.

My life is extremely stressful; raising kids, homeschooling, working from home, husband being away most of the time, housework, difficult pregnancy. I could go on and on, but i digress.

Stress can also wreak havoc on your body.

Low energy, headaches, insomnia, and chest pain are just a few of the effects of stress on your body.

That is why it is so important to find ways to relieve stress.

So today i thought i would share some of my stress relief ideas. These are the things that help me feel less stressed/overwhelmed. And i hope they can help you too.

1.) Have a schedule - I just started this recently. I sat down once the kids had all gone to bed and made a schedule. I took into consideration all the things that are important and set aside a specific time for them to get done.
                        Here is just an example of what i'm talking about:

                     1:00 - School ends, get ready for the next day & clean up school room.
                     1:30 - Work in the office
                     2:30 - Time w/ kids and any errands that need to be done.
                     4:30 - Prep dinner

            I've made sure to schedule time with my kids (which is very important to me) and also time for work (also very important).

2.) Lists/Goals - I'm always making to do lists for everything; things around the house, homeschooling stuff, and also business stuff too. Without lists i would go even more crazy.

3.) Do one thing at a time - Once i have my list made i focus on one thing at a time.
                                     For example: (Household List)
                                                   Laundry
                                                   Dishes
                                                   Bills
              I sit down and focus on paying the bills and then i move on to doing laundry or dishes.

4.) Set aside "me time" - When making your schedule make sure you set aside time for yourself. My "me time" is once the kids have gone to bed. Then i can just relax, watch a movie,catch up on my favorite tv shows, read a book, etc.

So to sum it all up:

Make a schedule (make sure you set aside "me time" when doing so).

 Once you have that schedule, make to do lists/goals to accomplish for each section of your life (a household to do list, a business to do list, a school to do list, etc.)

Then when it is your scheduled time to be focusing on that section of your life (i.e. Work) grab out your to do list and focus on completing each task one at a time.

I promise you will feel so much better, i know i do!!! :-)


~Veronica~

No comments:

Post a Comment