Saturday, September 29, 2018

Is a Costco Membership Really Worth It? {Costco Review}


I became a Costco member when i was pregnant with my 5th child, seemed like a good time to start buying in bulk now that we were becoming a family of 7.


I have now been a Costco member for 2 1/2 years, so it seems like a good time to tell you all what i really think of having a Costco membership.



Costco Review

Let's just get down to the pros and cons of Costco...

Pros:

*Low prices - At my Costco, for example, i can get 2 gallons of Milk for $3.54, that's only $1.77 per gallon.

*2% reward for Executive Members - I am an executive member, now i don't shop often enough at Costco for this 2% reward to really add up, but it does give me a little something that i use towards my membership fee.

*Great products - I love love love their Kirkland brand baby wipes. I notice when i run out of these, and use other brands of wipes, my little guy ends up with horrible rashes. Kirkland products are seriously made with great quality.

*Buy online option - You can now buy non-perishable food and household items online and they will deliver it to you in 2 business days. If you spend $75 or more, there is no delivery fee. **side note: prices seem to be a little bit higher for this convenience.*

*Membership fees are minimal - I believe if you just wanted the basic membership it's like $60 for the year. Not a bad price at all.

Cons:

*Store Hours - I am one of those people whom likes to shop early in the morning, like between 8-9. So it really kinda sucks that they don't open, most days, until 10.

*Only a few locations - Where i live we only have 2 stores. Since we moved out to the country, i now have to drive at least 20 minutes to reach one of the stores. The other store would take me like 45 minutes to get to.

*Super busy- Because there isn't a location on every corner, and because of their hours, the store is ALWAYS busy.


With all that said, for me, the pros totally outweigh the cons and it is definitely worth it for our family to have a membership.

I'm going to share some of our favorite products to buy at Costco and i'll give you the prices i paid most recently for them, so you can see just how good the deals are.

My favorite Costco items:

Baby Wipes - $19.99 for 900 wipes - These wipes are the best.
Kirkland Paper Towels - $15.99 for 12 count.
Kirkland Toilet Paper - $16.99 for 30 rolls. I love this toilet paper. It's the best quality. Not too fluffy, not too thin, just right!
Bounce Dryer Sheets - $9.99 for 320 count. This can last for me for about 6-7 months.
Dixie Paper Plates - $16.99 for 186 plates.
Kirkland Dish Pacs - $9.99 for 115 pacs. This usually lasts me like 3 months.
Kirkland Garbage Bags - $14.99 for 200 bags. This can last for us, about 6-7 months.
Muffins - $7.99 for two 6 packs.
Cheesecake - $13.99 for a 4.5 pound cheesecake. This is the best tasting cheesecake.
Dawn - $9.79 for 90 FL OZ.

Just keep in mind product availability and prices vary by location.

Those are my thoughts on having a Costco membership. Do you have a Costco membership? Has it been worth it for you? What's your favorite things to buy there?

 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png

No comments:

Post a Comment