Saturday, November 16, 2013

7 Weeks Pregnant

Hi Everyone! As I recently posted, I'm Pregnant, 7 weeks Pregnant to be exact! I thought I would share my journey over the past 7 weeks, as it hasn't been an easy journey. *Warning: Some parts of this story may contain too much information*

I found out I was pregnant & pretty much immediately I started spotting. I thought it was implantation bleeding at first and really didn't think too much about it, but it continued for 10 days straight and it was a lot of times, bright red. So when I was making my first appointment with my doctor, I mentioned that I had been spotting and is this anything I should be worried about.

I was still in ND at the time, but they were wanting me to get blood work done right away or to go get checked out at a local clinic. Well after talking about it with Hubby, we decided just to wait until we were back home, because it would have been next to impossible to be seen by a clinic there, which meant we would have had to gone to the ER and we both didn't feel it was an emergency.

So we decided to wait, which was difficult because the spotting wasn't going away and I was really becoming worried that something was wrong.

13 more days passed and we were finally headed home, I was still spotting, but trying my best to remain hopeful. We left ND on a Sunday afternoon and stayed the night in Billings, Montana.

The next morning we got on the road and we made a stop at a gas station on the MT/ID boarder to use the restroom. When I went to the bathroom there was so much bright red blood. I rushed out of there and got back to the car and just broke down crying. I seriously thought I was losing the baby. In that moment and the next few days later, I really had no hope left.

My first appointment was scheduled for Wednesday. I was pretty much a nervous wreck until the moment they were doing the ultrasound and I heard my baby's heartbeat for the first time. It was the sweetest sound EVER! I felt like for the first time, in a long time, I could breath again.

It's been almost 2 weeks since the doctor's appointment and I'm still spotting. I'm still a little worried because up until the 12th week the chance of a miscarriage is there. But I'm trying to trust in my doctor when he says that my spotting is completely harmless to the baby.

Wish us luck!

~Veronica~

No comments:

Post a Comment