Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Tip Tuesday #6


Hi Guys!

It's been awhile since I've done a Tip Tuesday, that i thought now would be a good time.




Tip Tuesday


Today's tip is for those of you with more than 1 child, and this tip is all about how to get more 1 on 1 time with your children.

As a mom of 5, i'm not gonna lie, it's hard to get alone 1 on 1 time with each of my kids. But it's not impossible.

So i thought i'd share my ways on how i do that.

Way #1 :
When i do my weekly grocery shopping trips i usually just bring 1 kid with me, and i rotate it so each kid has a turn. This is great 1 on 1 time where we get to talk (uninterrupted), laugh, spend some time together, and maybe even get a special drink or treat together.

Way #2 :
Dates. Occasionally i will see a kid is really needing some time with me, so i will plan a special date with them, it could be during the day or at night. We might go out to a restaurant to eat, go see a movie, do some fun shopping, go to the park, or whatever interests that child. 

Way #3: 
Homeschooling. Homeschooling provides lots of time for me to get 1 on 1 time with each child, although not necessarily in a fun way as way #1 & #2 would be. Reading with my 6 year old, helping my 10 year old with a math problem, or doing a science experiment with my 13 year old are all examples of how i get a few minutes here and there of alone time with them.

So those are my ways/tips on how to get 1 on 1 time with your kids, when you have more than 1 kid. I hope you enjoyed them, and if you have some tips of your own, leave me a comment.

 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png

No comments:

Post a Comment