Sunday, September 15, 2013

Begining To Read

My 5 year old has just started a wonderful journey, the journey of reading! :-)

We are starting out with learning sight words, his first 2 sight words were; a & the.

The other day I was watching the morning news and he says to me.. "look Mommy it says the" and he pointed to the TV! He also points out 'the' in all his books!

I love being able to see that excitement and sense of accomplishment on his face when he gets it! :-)

Along with all his other curriculum, I'm using This Reading Mama's Free Reading Curriculum! So far, both of us are enjoying it!

Included in the curriculum is lesson plans, sight word books, sight word mazes, etc.

He really loves the mazes and books; and I really love how little is required for me to do, it's basically just a print and go curriculum, LOVE THAT!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment