Tuesday, May 9, 2017

9 months (My Breastfeeding Story)

Well Lincoln we did it. We made it 9 months.



I'll never forget the moment the doctor placed your tiny little warm body on my chest, and how you surprised me by grabbing a hold of my sports bra with such a tight grip.

Shortly after that you were ready for your first feeding.

Although i have breastfed your brothers and sister before, i was still a little nervous.

Because i have never successfully breastfed a baby before.

With your brothers and sister, i only made it a few weeks (with Cruz we made it 2 months i believe).

I really wanted things to go differently with you. I wanted to be successful at it.

You took to feeding like a champ.

The first 2 months were painful and miserable, but we were doing it! I wanted to give up so badly, but i continued to take it day by day.

By months 3 and 4 we were in a wonderful routine, although i was extremely tired and not really enjoying myself. I felt like feeding time was more of a chore to me.

Months 5-7 i actually started to enjoy feeding you. I looked forward to it! It was such a wonderful bonding time with you. If i would look at my phone during this time you would refuse to eat, you wanted my undivided attention. You forced me to slow down and enjoy these moments with you, which i can't thank you enough for that!






Then month 8 hit and you just didn't want to be fed by me that much anymore. I had started my weight loss journey and wasn't making enough milk to keep up with your growing appetite. We started to feed you formula bottles more and more.

Now today you are 9 months old, and i had to make the hard decision (with your help of course) to stop our feedings. My original goal was to make it 6 months with you, so i'm happy i surpassed that. I'm also so proud of myself for making it at all feeding you, something i never did with your brothers and sister.

Today is a hard day, one that is filled with tears.

Happy tears for all the wonderful memories over the last 9 months, and sad tears for the loss of those moments that had become so precious to me.

I love you Lincoln, thank you so much for giving me this experience.

Happy 9 months baby boy!


 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png

No comments:

Post a Comment