Thursday, December 13, 2018

Holiday Blues {Blogmas Day 13}


Hi Guys!


Today i'm talking with about holiday blues, which is something i struggle with most years.


Holiday blues

Most years we don't get to spend the holidays with my parents, and without them here with us for the holidays it can make me feel down and make it feel as though it's just another day.


I can also get so caught up in; buying all the presents, wrapping all the presents, baking all the cookies, etc... that i just start to feel burnt out.


So between not being with family and having to do all the things, i start having not much Christmas spirit.


Here is how i try to not feel so down...
  1. I keep in contact with my parents. -  Even though they won't be here physically, i can at least call them up and hear their voices. Just laughing with my mom on the phone can take away a sad/down day for me.
  2. I don't do it all at once. - Shopping for gifts, wrapping gifts, etc. I spread it out in chunks, so it's not as overwhelming.
  3. I take more 'me time' during the holidays. - Long baths, crocheting, etc. Just spending a few extra minutes here and there doing something that makes me happy helps lift my spirits during the hustle and bustle of the holidays.
  4. I do a lot of my shopping online. - Stores stress me out even more, so doing a lot of my shopping online takes away a lot of holiday stress for me.
That's how i handle holiday blues. I'd love to hear your tips/tricks on how to beat the holiday blues!

 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png

*Stock photo provided by Unsplash.*

No comments:

Post a Comment