Monday, January 14, 2019

Current Health Journey



Hi Guys!


At the beginning of the month, I shared my goal of losing 10 pounds this month with you all. Well, today I thought I would share how i'm going about doing that, in case you are also interested in losing weight/getting healthy/etc...


current health journey


First i'll start with my workout schedule.


I'm currently working out 5 times a week, with my two off days being Wednesday and Sunday. For my work outs this month, I am running on the treadmill for 1 mile. My goal is to slowly work my way up to 2 miles, however that probably won't happen until next month. I'm just not there yet.


I'm also getting over 10,000 steps every day, workout day or not.


Now for my diet.

I'm trying to stay away from: Chocolate, Candy, Soda, Bread, Rice, Pasta, and Ice Cream.

For the first part of the month I've been just doing my own thing, no real diet plan other than avoid those foods i just previously mentioned.

Starting today i'm going to be doing the Beachbody meal plan for a 1,200 calorie diet.
I used that meal plan last time I was focused on losing weight and I believe it really did the trick. I just adjust the meal plan to my liking for example; I don't do the Beachbody shake they recommend, and I also don't use the portion fix containers.


Here is the meal plan:


Breakfast (M/W/F): Veggie Egg Muffins on Whole Grain English Muffin with Orange Slices
Breakfast (T/Th): Sweet Potato Veggie Hash with Turkey Sausage with Red Grapes
Shakeology Snack (DAILY): Vanilla Chia Shakeology Smoothie **I don't do this**
PM Snack (DAILY): Apple with Peanut Butter
Lunch (M/W/F): Cilantro Lime Shredded Chicken with Black Eyed Pea Salad
Lunch (T/Th): Avocado Chicken Salad on Toasted Whole Grain Bread
Dinner (M/W/F): Roasted Pepper Tuna Melt
Dinner (T/Th): Roasted Chicken over Wilted Spinach Salad

country-heat-meal-prep-1200-1500-calories-full-prep

The meal plan covers Monday-Friday, so on the weekends I just do meals that are similar to these meals. If you are interested in this meal plan, the recipes/shopping list are on their website.


That's how i'm going about getting healthier/losing weight/getting fit/etc. Now for my results so far, I've lost 7 pounds!!! With my total goal being 10 pounds this month, i feel like 7 pounds so far is a great start!!

43afdc7315c8d0aec5779c2890b3168b

Are you on your own health journey? I'd love to hear what you are doing, and how it is going.

 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png

*Stock photo provided by Unsplash.*

No comments:

Post a Comment