Monday, January 21, 2019

Morning Routine {For A Mom Of 5}

Hi Guys!


Today I thought I would share what my morning routine looks like, as a mom of 5.


morning routine

Usually my body just wakes up around 5 o'clock, but if it doesn't then my alarm goes off at 5:30 and I get up. That's when I will let the dogs outside, use the bathroom, and weight myself.


Then I go into the kitchen and turn on the coffee pot, and then pour myself a cup of coffee. After getting my coffee, I walk back into my bedroom, sit down at my desk, and enjoy my cup of coffee, while chatting with my husband (who is also enjoying a cup of coffee).


Once i'm done with my coffee, I grab out my bullet journal and work on that for a little while (my husband is usually leaving for work at this point). In my bullet journal, I keep track of all my health/fitness stuff so that's usually what i'm entering into my journal in the morning.


img_5262


After that, I try to get moving. I start with picking up my bedroom. I make the bed, pick up stuff off the floor, put away any laundry laying around, etc..


Then, at this point, I am just waiting for 7 o'clock to come around (when the children wake up), so I might; read a book, watch a YouTube video, write a blog post, or check my social media accounts, to kill some time.


7 o'clock rolls around, and all the children start to wake up. That's when I start making breakfast, after some morning snuggles with the littles. By 7:30 we are eating breakfast.


img_5257


After breakfast, I clean up the kitchen (dishes, wipe down counters, etc.), then I start a load of laundry for the day. Once my morning chores have been done, I help the 2 youngest get dressed and ready for the day.

kids outfits 1

Then I get myself ready for the day, and then once i'm done it is usually almost 8 o'clock (which is when we start school). I call the 3 oldest to get their schoolwork and come to the table. We get started with math first (which we do for 1 hour) and while I go back and forth helping the 3 oldest with any math problems they are struggling with, I am also working with my 4 year old with his preschool work.


school work math 1

Then the rest of my morning is spent helping children with schoolwork, keeping the toddler entertained, and trying to move around as much as possible (so that i get my 10,000+ steps every day).



So that's what my mornings looks like pretty much every day, with the exception of the weekends. However, i still wake up at the same time on the weekends, and do most of the same things in the morning, with the only exception being schoolwork with the children.

 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png

*Stock photo provided by Unsplash.*

No comments:

Post a Comment