Monday, January 22, 2018

Cleaning Schedule {Free Printable}



When was the last time i vacuumed? When was the last time i washed that bedding? When was the last time i cleaned that toilet? These are all questions i have asked myself.

I'm a busy mom of 5 kids.

I homeschool them.

I run my husband's small business.

I also have this little blog over here that i try to keep up with.

My plate is full.

So with cleaning & keeping up with the when was the last time i did this or that, is really hard to remember it all.

That's why i decided to create a cleaning schedule. Something that wasn't too complicated. One where i focus on a particular task each day.

cleaning schedule

Here is what my cleaning schedule looks like:
  • Mop It Monday* - Mopping, vacuuming, etc. (everything that has to do with floors)
  • Toilet Tuesday - Deep clean bathrooms (dust, toilets, mirrors, etc.)
  • Wash It Wednesday - Wash all bedding.
  • Throw It Away Thursday - Organize/declutter paperwork, etc. (toss junk mail, file paperwork, etc.)
  • Fantastic Fridge Friday - Clean out fridge & pantry.
Monday - Friday i have a new specific cleaning goal. Of course some things aren't mentioned on the above list, like the everyday stuff (take out garbage, make beds, tidy up, do dishes).

I actually did research on how often you should clean before i came up with this list, and even Martha Stewart agrees with me when it comes to washing bedding, cleaning toilets, and vacuuming.

martha stewart cleaning 1

*Note: Just thought i would add in a little note here, that your high traffic areas probably will need vacuuming more than once a week. Also if you have small children you might have to mop your floors more than once a week as well.*

Since starting this new cleaning schedule, i feel like my house is cleaner. I also no longer have days where i'm like shoot i forgot to clean the toilet. Plus it's kind of a fun and easy schedule to remember.

You can download my cleaning schedule, for free, HERE!!
 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png

No comments:

Post a Comment