Monday, February 25, 2019

Current Health Journey *Update*

Last month i shared my health journey, and today i figured it was time to give an update on how everything is going...


Current Health Journey update


As of today (2/25/19) i am down 19 pounds from the beginning of the year!!

429ee849973123c0127a0e2d30e77bfb--weight-loss-calculator-super-funny

In my previous post i shared how i've been doing it (i.e. my workouts, diet, etc.), so i thought i would share those things again because some of it has changed since then.

First for my workout schedule.

I'm currently working out 5-6 times a week. I tried to do Bikini Body Mommy again, because i really liked it the last time i did it, but i only made it like 9 days before giving up. Here is why it just doesn't work for me... I don't sweat enough/burn enough calories for it to make an impact on my weight loss. I do love how it works out your entire body, seriously i can't walk right for days after starting that program, but in the end it just doesn't fit me.

So i'm still running on the treadmill, which i absolutely love! I've been working on getting stronger and faster at running 1 mile, and i'm super happy to report that my newest fastest time is 9 minutes and 38 seconds. That is a HUGE improvement from 14+ minutes when i first started running back in January!

I would really love to be able to run more than 1 mile, but i'm pretty wiped out after 1 mile, so that's all i'm doing right now.

Besides working out 5-6 times a week, i'm also getting over 15,000 steps every single day (workout day or not!). Most days i average 18,000 steps, and on a really good day i can get 25,000 steps.


Now for my diet.


I'm still trying to stay away from: chocolate, candy, soda, bread, pasta, rice, and ice cream.

I shared a beachbody meal plan in my last post that i was using, and it was pretty good. I also discovered another beachbody meal plan that i ended up liking even more.

Here is the meal plan:


Breakfast M/W/F: Sautéed Kale and Red Bell Pepper Egg Cups (based on the Sautéed Kale with Poached Eggs recipe on page 32 of the Eating Plan)
Breakfast T/Th: Greek Yogurt Bowl
Lunch M/W/F: Seasoned Turkey and Black Bean Burrito Bowl
Lunch T/Th: Spinach and Roast Beef Salad
Snack M/W/F: Herbed Yogurt Dip with Raw Veggies
Snack T/Th: Hard-Boiled Egg and Baby Carrots
Dinner M/W/F: Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce and Parmesan Cheese
Dinner T/Th: Jalapeño and Cheese Turkey Burgers

Core_de_Force_Meal_Prep_1200-1500_-_Full_Prep_11

Seriously i loved all the foods on this meal plan!! So good!!


That's it, that's how i'm losing the weight and getting healthier. Are you on your own health journey? I'd love to hear what you are doing, and how it is going?
 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png

*Stock photo provided by Unsplash.*

No comments:

Post a Comment