Saturday, February 2, 2019

Goals For January 2019 *Update*

Hi Guys!


Today i'm sharing with you all,  how i did with my goals for last month...

 january2019goalsupdate
  1. Read 4 books - My major book reading goal this year is to read 50 books, so for January i want to read at least 4.   I completed this goal pretty quickly. I actually read 5 books in January, and even started reading a 6th book!
  2. Lose 10 pounds - Almost 2 years ago now, i lost a lot of weight, but unfortunately i gained all of it back and then some. So for January i hope to lose at least 10 pounds! I'm happy to report that i reached this goal and then some! I'm down 13 pounds since January 1st!! 
  3. Buy only 1 coffee from a coffee shop - I've gotten so used to every time i leave the house i buy myself a cup of coffee, i want to put a stop to that. So this month i have challenged myself to only buy myself 1 cup a coffee from a coffee shop this month. I tried so hard guys, but i failed this one. I ended up getting 2 coffees out this month, not super bad, but a failed goal nonetheless. 
  4. Go on at least 3 field trips - We have been slacking in the field trip department, so i really want to start making them a priority. With the help of my amazing hubby i was able to reach this goal. Yay! We went to the aquarium, an air museum, and drove to a bordering state where we had a little mini adventure. 
  5. Get at least 10,000 steps each day - This shouldn't be too hard of a goal, as i usually get 10,000 - 12,000 steps every day, but i want to start being more intentional with my steps because next month my goal will be even higher. This was an easy goal for me and i'm happy to report i crushed it, with most days getting 15,000+ steps!! 
  6. Drink at least 4 bottles of water each day - When the weather gets colder i find it harder to drink water, so i'm really pushing myself to drink lots of water each dayThere were only 2 days this month when i didn't drink 4 bottles of water. So it's a fail, but i'm still super proud of myself for all the water i did consume.
  7. Workout 5 times a week - This can be hard for me, because if i'm getting 10,000+ steps every day i can convince myself that i have moved enough so working out isn't necessary, when it really is. I did it, i worked out 5 times a week!! I was nervous about this one, and sure there were days i didn't feel like working out, but i pushed through and i'm so happy i did! 
  8. Put my phone down more and be present with my family - I wouldn't say i am obsessed with my phone, but i can get lost in mindless scrolling versus being present with my family. This goal isn't specifically for January, but for the whole year. I did pretty good with this one. I tried to only pick up my phone when the kids weren't around (mornings/evenings). However i did mess up a few times, but this goal is for the whole year so i think i'm off to a good start. 

So as you can see, i crushed some of the goals and failed a couple of them. Overall, i think January was a pretty good month goal wise. Did you set any goals for yourself for January? I'd love to hear how you did.

 photo Signature1_zps25c33e22.png

*Stock photo provided by Unsplash.*

No comments:

Post a Comment