Thursday, October 31, 2013

Chocolate Cookies

Today I was really wanting to make some cookies, but I didn't want to go to the store to get supplies, so I was hoping I could find a recipe online that would call for the things I had on hand..

So I searched for Chocolate Cookies and nothing but chocolate chip cookies came up.. I don't have chocolate chips, just chocolate (cocoa powder)... So I decided to make my own recipe.

Using the base for regular chocolate chip cookies, but instead of adding chips, I added cocoa powder.

They turned out wonderfully!


Chocolate Cookies Recipe

Ingredients:

2 1/4 Cups Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Cup (2 sticks) Butter, softened
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
2 Large Eggs
3 - 4 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, mix together butter & white sugar. Then add in Brown Sugar and mix. Then add in Vanilla & Eggs. Mix until well blended. Next add the flour & baking soda. Mix well. Lastly add in the cocoa powder, to your liking!

Bake for 8-10 minutes. ( I thought 8 minutes was perfect cause I like my cookies soft, if you like yours more well done, then bake for 10 minutes)

This recipe makes about 30 cookies!

Enjoy!

~Veronica~

No comments:

Post a Comment